Monday, April 11, 2011

Twisty Tie Bird's Nest Necklace

Pin It
Bird's Nest Necklaces are definitely popular right now, but they can be fairly expensive.  I saw this tutorial the other day on A Law Student's Journey where she made a birds nest using twisty ties and thought it was an absolute genius idea!  I had to try it out for myself.  Here's what you do:

Using pliers or tweezers, Pull the wire out of some twisty ties.  I found it pretty easy once I cut the top a little so I could grab the wire part. 
 Once you have all of your wire's (I used 7 twisty ties), add 3 pearl beads to one wire.  Bring them to the center of the wire and then twist the wire so they stay in the position you want them. 
 Wrap wires around the beads, until you have the desired size of next.
 Add a necklace hoop and chain for to the nest to make it a necklace.  It seriously took me maybe 10 minutes to make.  So fast and easy!

8 comments:

  1. I just found your blog- and love that you tried my twisty tie birds nest! I was worried it was only the type of ties I was using- and not everyone would be able to do it! Love to see it turned out so well- looks awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks easy and cute to make-Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved this. Then, I showed this to my husband, and he said, "So, do you want me to make you one? How about earrings to match?" Lucky me!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is awesome! I love the twist tie wire idea! I'm going to make one today! Thanks so much for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. i just made one and it was pretty easy to do....i will post pics tomorrow....
    h

    ReplyDelete
  6. Now I'm cringing thinking about all the random twist ties I've tossed out! No longer though, I want to make one of these!

    ReplyDelete
  7. just found your post...beautiful and very thrifty and frugal, PERfect thrifty but not tacky gift idea!

    ReplyDelete
  8. How wonderfully simple and gorgeous! I am going to have to try this very soon...once I get a stash of twisty ties again :) I had no idea that you had a blog and am loving going through your archives and seeing all of your fun ideas.

    I would love it if you stopped by my blog sometime and said hi!

    ReplyDelete