When I went to DI I found these wooden hearts for 50 cents each. They were painted different colors, and while the colors weren't horrible, they definitely needed some touching up. I decided to try out some metal looking paint. I really like how they turned out, though I don't think they look super metalic since the wood grain is still visible. Here's what I did:
These are what they looked like to begin with.
I painted them with black acrylic paint first so they had a good base.
Then I painted them with metallic acrylic paint. I originally had them set up like this, but it felt too cluttered or something.
So I changed them to this set up.